Sunday, June 28, 2015

Glad this week is over.

It actually IS raining!

Ever have one of those weeks? It started out with putting our dear sweet kitty to sleep. Yeah, that was so sad.

Then...

I got that email telling me my blog ad account was disabled, so no more mad money from blogging.

Then...

My ebay listing was removed for copyright infringement after I had already sold and shipped the item.

Then...

I got a return request from a guy who bought a shirt from me and said it didn't fit. (Yeah, because it was listed as a woman's shirt, not a man's shirt, dummy!)

Then...

I got a call from my brother in NY telling me my dad is acting really different after having back surgery and that I should think about going to visit him. My anxiety level hit new heights after that. I hate to fly. My last few experiences were horrible, so if I go it will most likely be a week long road trip with hubby and we will have to go into debt to pay for gas, hotels and meals. This on top of the $2700 debt we just took on with the oral surgery. Stressing, stressing.

Then...

Yesterday, one of my lunch lady co-workers stopped in for a visit and while her car was parked in front of my house, my goofball neighbor hit it as he was backing out of his driveway. It was a brand new vehicle! She just bought it like a month ago. I felt horrible! Yesterday I just wanted to crawl under a blanket and hide.

And as if that were not enough...

I spent way too much time using pruning shears in the garden and now I've developed trigger finger. That's when your finger gets stuck in the bent position and you have to use your other hand to "pop" it back straight again. I used to have it in my thumb really bad from overuse at work and I needed physical therapy. Now it's my middle finger and it hurts like heck. I have to cure this before work starts, so I've been doing hot and cold soaks and splinting it at night to rest the tendon. Sometimes I can feel the pain going all the way up my arm into my armpit.

On the positive side of things, the person who bought the workout DVD set that was pulled by ebay (after the sale), has not contacted me, so I'm hoping all is well. He can't leave feedback because the listing vanished when they pulled it. I find it very clever of ebay to wait for the sale to go through, collect their non-refundable final value fee and then pull the listing. They are supposedly doing the right thing for the complaining company and making themselves look good, but they are still making a profit. Very sneaky tactic.

Hubby has been at Hamacon in Huntsville Alabama this weekend. Today is the last day. Yesterday he sold 39 pairs of his custom goggles. 39 pairs in one day! That's a record! The convention had over 3500 attendees which is really good for a small convention. Totally unexpected.



And to take my mind off my troubles, Megan and I went to see Pixar's Inside Out. It was so smart and funny. I highly recommend it. One of my favorite parts was when we met The Forgetters. They worked in long term memory dumping old memories like names of all the Presidents and phone numbers (because she has them stored in her phone she doesn't need to remember them anymore, lol), but they decide to keep an annoying TV commercial jingle for laughs. Those balls represent different emotions. Green is disgust, yellow is happy, purple is fear, blue is sadness and red is anger. Right now I've probably got a big section full of those blue ones.

I'm not even going to tag this post. Let's hope upcoming week is a better one and then I can put all this bad stuff in the memory dump.


25 comments:

  1. Hugs, flowers and a long hot bath sent your way - you need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a bath person, but some chocolate or ice cream would definitely help. :-)

      Delete
    2. Ah chocolate, one of my favorite medicines!

      Delete
  2. So sorry you had such a week. Sending good thoughts for a better week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rachel. I know you have had some tough weeks too.

      Delete
  3. Hugs, so sorry about your finger, hands are so darn essential. More hugs. You have had a tough week+ Lorraine. I hope those bad sadness balls fade away.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lot of trouble with my hands over the past 3 years. I thought it was arthritis, but it's tendonitis. If treated correctly, it goes away. At work, I have my hands in hot water a lot so it usually helps keep my hands limber. Squeezing like using pruning shears is the worst thing for my hands.

      Delete
  4. HIss and spit. And hopes for many better weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The elderly can be really sensitive to general anesthesia. The affects can last way past the surgery.

    Hoping this week brings some positive thought balls your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that about anesthesia. He's had surgeries before but this time was way different. He had to stay in a rehab facility afterwards which was rough. He's 85 and I begged him not to have the surgery but he went ahead with it anyway and after all that, it didn't really help.

      Delete
  6. Geez! I am so, so sorry that all this is happening to you all. Please hang in there! Hoping for a better week for you and sending happy thoughts and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and hoping things become more manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry that this all got dumped on you at once! I am going through a bunch of crap (for lack of a better word) right now too and it seems like you can't even take a breath before one more thing gets heaped on the pile! Please know you are not alone and as Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day"....take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you've had such a crummy week, Lorraine :( You've probably already checked this, but just in case, did you check to see if the money from the exercises dvd's was still in PayPal? I read on a facebook group where something similar to this happened to someone else, but eBay didn't take the money from their PayPal. Glad to hear your hubby's business is doing so well, and I'm really looking forward to seeing that movie. Passing along cyber hugs and wishing a much better week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly. No the money is still there. Ebay didn't refund the buyer.

      Delete
  10. Good grief - how much can one family take?! I'm not a huggy type person (I'm working on it) but I'm sending you lots of big tight hugs - you need it. Even if it's from cyberland - totally sincere. To paraphrase Winston Churchill: you are going through hell, keep on walking sister.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You poor dear! I want to say things can only get better but I have to confess... my last name is "Murphy" so I have no right to claim that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw Lorraine, hope everything turns around for you soon. Hoping you didn't pop the tendon in your finger. Long story but I had my index finger tendon to break due to bad wrist fracture and metal plate cutting into it; my finger just flopped and I couldn't hold it back up. they repaired the tendon with the God given one in our wrist that has no function (make your hand into fist and its the little tendon that pops up on back side of wrist). Hoping yours is not busted!

    Sending you a hug over your way, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry for the truly bad week. Hope this new one treats you better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yikes! Things just have to get better! I came to visit from Eddie's blog and I'm now following you!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought I left a comment but it seems I'm not having very good luck either.
    I am so sorry about everything happening. I'm sorry about your cat. I know how hard that is. And about AdSense they seem to be doing this to a lot of people now. I got kicked out for too much traffic. Seems a bit weak. I try to look at it as on to bigger and better things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your luck is fine Sonya Ann. You did leave a comment but it was on another post called Sad and Bad Things are Happening this Week. I think our dear and sweet readers may have been trying to help us out by clicking on our ads when in fact it may have hurt us. Google knows all, sees all...or their bots do and somehow they can tell if a click is legitimate or not. It's too bad because the extra money was nice. It would have been nice to get a warning or a temporary suspension, but alas, there is only the boot and that's it.

      Delete
  16. Gosh, I really hope things have gotten better. I've been out of town visiting my family. I'm sorry things have been so crappy for you guys. Wishing you better days ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are no longer permitted. Sorry I had to do this, but there is always someone who has to ruin it for everybody else.