Although I've been back at work since August 7th, this past week was the first one with students. They started on Monday, the day of the eclipse. Turkey sandwiches were on the menu, so we didn't have to cook, which was great. We originally planned for the kids to have sack lunches to take outside for the big event, but they ended up eating inside and going out afterwards.
We spent a lot of time the two weeks prior cleaning and decorating the cafeteria. My manager had some tension style curtain rods and we made up paper banners to hang in the windows. I created the one above. Our new assistant manager made this school bus banner below. She is crafty too.
Our theme this year was emojis, so we each made one with our likenesses. lol.
And we put more around the cafeteria for fun.
So being back at work means less time for painting rocks. I have 7 weekends until the fall pop up market to get more inventory made. I have about 35 rocks so far, but I'd like to have 50. Yesterday I put on Pandora and got busy. I made one rock for inventory and also got some done for hiding. It's been a long time since I hid any rocks. My hubby even got into the action. Here are some we made and placed around town yesterday.
| Some simple love rocks made using Frog tape and assorted glitter nail polish. |
| These are strawberries I had started a long time ago, but never got around to putting the seeds on. I used paint pens instead of a brush which worked out better. |
| These are hubby's rocks. He really got into making and also hiding them. I even added him as a member of our rock group. |
And this is the rock I made for my fall market inventory. I love how it came out.
| Punkins! |
![]() |
| I made this gator last weekend. He's pretty cool. |
So that's what's been going on in my world lately. I have some Furry Friday catching up to do, so maybe I'll do a pet post soon. Have a great Sunday!






Love the decorations at the school. I don't remember ever seeing more than a bit of bunting at ours - except at Christmas.
ReplyDeleteAnd, as always, your rocks blow me away.
Thank you. I don't remember a lot of decorations in the cafeteria when I went to school, but then again, that was a very very long time ago. lol
DeleteI saw a site with rocks for plant markers. The names were in simple print with lots of dots around the edge and very simple. I thought of you.
ReplyDeleteYup. Those are great for gardeners.
DeleteAnd, it is something I can do!
DeleteLove, love, love the strawberries and punkin rocks. You have such talent.
ReplyDeleteKathi in Florida
Thank you Kathi! :-)
DeleteI like the window decor-very cheery. I hope your new colleagues are treating you well.
ReplyDeleteThere is one co-worker still remaining that doesn't like me, and now, with the old assistant manager gone, she is not afraid to show it. I didn't want to go into it in my post, but it's not all sunshine and rainbows for me just yet, sadly. :-(
DeleteWhy can't people outgrow that nonsense? I would like to think that back when I worked, you wouldn't have known who I liked or disliked.
DeleteIf I had found one of Chris' rocks, I would have known he was the artist right away! Cute banners!
ReplyDeleteLove that you posted your rocks (and then Chris's too). Hugs.
ReplyDeleteJoy
Cheapchick, Thank you so much for your comment, but I accidentally deleted it. I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteNo worries, I've done that before lol
DeleteLove your rocks! I don't remember many decorations when I was at school and especially love the ones you made with emoji representing yourselves. : ) Hope you are liking your new manager and work is a nice place this year.
ReplyDeleteI love the cafeteria decorations. The only thing I remember from my elementary school lunchroom was the food pyramid.
ReplyDeleteHave fun painting in your fee time. I love seeing your creations.
I made an "alligator" but my daughter thought it was a dinosaur so it's something like that lol.
ReplyDeleteI hope the school year is treating you well so far. The rocks are looking great as always. And Chris' are very him for sure. I love all the little elements he added to them. WHERE does he find such awesome doo-dads? I'd love to find some pieces like that for my jewelry. Dang! Keep it up guys!!
ReplyDeleteI know he buys the newer pieces from an online store in China. I will try and find out the name for you. The other parts are clock parts, clock hands, etc. He has tons of stuff in those mini drawer things.
DeleteY'all both have so much talent and such an eye for creating. I love seeing what comes out of both of your workshops. Those strawberries!! They almost look real. WOW.
DeleteLorraine, those sure are cute decorations for school! And those rocks are outstanding! Love the strawberries and adore the book one too. I love all of them. You've got a great talent painting rocks. I'm an artist as well, but I am not a painter. I make collages and assemblage boxes. Wish I could paint like you do.
ReplyDelete~Michelle